THE BEST OF | Neutral Lipsticks

Having a good neutral lipstick (or rather a handful in my case) is essential to any makeup collection. Sometimes you just need a swipe on a go kinda lip, something that just works with everything. Here's my top picks for neutrals...












[1] Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Taffy - a soft peachy pink neutral that doesn't give you that concealer lip look and leaves a sheeny finish. The soft pink and peach undertones make this shade a safer option for those who love a paler nude/neutral.

[2] Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked is a great "my lips but... better" shade that I find myself reaching for almost daily. Regardless of what colour starts out on my lips, this usually ends up on it, purely for the fact that the formula is wonderful, and its a warmer toned neutral that just brings a little life and glow to the natural shade of my lips. You know that lipstick you reach for whilst at a stop light and you have all of 15 seconds to apply? Yep, this is that shade.

[3] MAC Lipstick in Pure Zen is the shade to reach if you want a nude lip minus any pink. Its got a slight peach tone to it that gives it some life, and its nudes my naturally pigmented lips while not making me look dead. It's a satin finish minus any shimmer or sheen.

[4] Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector in 02 is my pick for a neutral glossy lip. While the shade on its own might not scream neutral, it is the perfect product to put on top of any of the lipsticks mentioned in this post. It's a beige peach balm like glossy that leaves a creamy translucency in its finish, not altering the colour you pair it with. On drier textured lipsticks like the MAC offering, it just gives some comfort to the lips keeping the colour fresh and soft.

What are your favourite neutral lipsticks that just seem to work with everything? Have you tried any of the shades mentioned in this post?