FAVOURITES | April 2014 Best of Beauty


April brought a good amount of new favourites for me, which also means I've been spending too much damn money on new stuff. Shhhhh. Come to think of it, I actually have a full face of makeup in my favourites alone, with a cleanser to take it all off even! Take a look at the things I've been reaching for over and over this past month....






[1] Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Naked has become my ultimate go with anything neutral. Its slightly peachy rather than pinky which I love and the formula of these lipsticks is just downright lovely.

[2] I've been on a bit of a blush haul frenzy these last few months, and my most recent love is Kat Von D's Blush in Bellissima - a gorgeous peach with a slight pearl rather than shimmer. It really brightens up the skin without being sparkly or shiny.

[3] I raved about the oil from this range, and I have to say I am liking The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter even more. It literally melts everything off - even waterproof mascara - effortlessly and feels so wonderful on the skin. The packaging means its a piece of cake to travel with too, unlike its leaky cousin, the Silky Cleansing Oil.

[4] Well folks, I've finally found a true to promise black liner in the Urban Decay Perversion Cream Liner. Its blacker than black, dries matte and stays all day long without fading cracking or smudging. The formula of this is creamy giving you a little time to work, but then sets. Unlike some pot liners, you can layer over and over with product with no issues. Thank you Urban Decay for stepping up to the plate and rocking a cream liner!

[5] Oh boy, just when you thought you didn't need another neutral palette here I am rattling off about Marc Jacobs Eyeshadow Palette in The Lolita. Don't be fooled by the safe look of it, the two bronzy golden shades at the end pack a punch, the bone shade is pigmented unlike most similar shades which end up chalky. Paired with some great quality crease and blending shades, there's even a glitter in here - but I highly suggest a tacky primer like Too Faced Glitter Glue to avoid disco cheeks.

[6] Before I tried this I heard many refer to it as "life changing" - now I was sceptical given this is a brow product and not a deadly disease cure, but at the end of the day this really has blown me over with its impressive performance! Unlike some brow gels that might have a tint, Benefit Gimme Brow actually has volumizing fibres in it, beefing up sparse brows like mine like I'd never previously believe. It only comes in two shades, and I reach for the medium deep after I've filled in the gaps as outlined in my brow routine.

[7] Yep, you knew it was coming - I've been all over rosy golds and pinks for months now and Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette does them really well. Its the palette I reach for when I don't want to think, am in a rush or just don't know what else to do that day with ma face. I don't need to harp on, you've all heard plenty about this now, when Urban Decay does palettes, they do them well folks.

[8] Whilst looking for yet another foundation to fill my draw of bases with ( I may have a slight problem) I realised that one that always makes my skin look amazing is Illamasqua Skin Base. I notice the difference when I wear it, so much so that I've now got two shades of it, in 5.5 and 11. That seems like a jump, but they are perfect to mix with other foundations, the 5.5 is a little more yellow, and the 11 more pink/neutral.

[9] After my first thoughts on L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara for a Mascara Monday feature, I've just ended up wearing this every day since practically. Does it take a bit more work with its gimmicky wand? Yep. Is it worth it. Yep.


What were your favourites this month? Did you try anything new that you ended up loving?