BALM BASICS | The Lip Balm Lovers Post


There are few things I would consider myself a bit of an expert on: losing bobbi pins, mascara, classic rock music... and lip balm to name a few. Here's a little post all about some lip balms that have made there way through my arsenal and why you may, or may not like them.




[1] the do it all classic - Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream has been around for yonks and there is a good reason why - it ain't just for lips folks. In fact, if I remember correctly it wasn't even developed for lips. This ointment works on cuticles, dry elbows, scratches and dry lips the same. If you can get past its someone Earthy smell its a great save the day product.

[2] the overnight wonder - Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask has been blogged about here before, because quite frankly it's changed me. I put this on every night as part of my routine and every day I wake up with plump nourished lips. This is coming from the girl who's lips used to crack overnight. Gross? I know. Seriously this is worth its weight in gold. Its too heavy for day time use though, which brings me to the next option...

[3] the forever favourite - Jack Black Intense Lip Balm in Mint is my forever repurchase everyday favourite. Normally I'd hate things that make my lips tingle, but I love it in this (don't worry there are other flavours should you prefer your lips sans minty fresh) This keeps my lips hydrated and smooth during the day, and because it is actually marketed towards men, it doesn't stay all shiny and gloopy. Oh, and it has SPF 25 because you gotta protect your pucker!

[4] the under lipstick choice - Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm is a honey scented lip balm that goes on matte. While I don't think it is a nourishing as it is hyped up to be, where it excels is when it is worn under lipstick. Especially matte formula lipsticks will sit nicely over this balm, keeping the matte look without the matte feel on your lips.

[5] the luxury love - Dior Creme de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm is for those who want to splurge. It smells heavenly and feels luxe on the lips. Does it smooth and plump? Nah not really but it is a really nice balm that would make a lovely gift for a friend. 

[6] the tinted glossy balm - Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors - Let's be frank, I don't need to drone on about these anymore on GLG. Its glossy, its balm, it isn't sticky and there's a sheer wash of colour. Get one, or all of them, and keep one in your purse - you'll thank me!

What are your favourite lip balms? Are you a lip balm junkie like me?