THE LINE UP | Rosegold Edit


A while back I wrote this post a handful of monochromatic products I was loving lately. Carrying on with the feature, I'm going for rosegolds this time. Here's a handful of products I've been reaching for lately that boast the golden pink hue everyone is lovely for spring and summer...





I love a good golden pink on the cheeks, but hate the sparkle bomb that most blushes of that shade become (NARS Orgasm I'm talking to you!) My favourite minus the pore enlarging glitter is Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Glisten. It truly is stunning on the cheeks and imparts a gorgeous golden pink glow.

For drugstore rosegold love, take a look at L'Oreal Infalible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush, I blogged about it last summer and I am still loving it. It leans more gold for those a little weary to wear pinks on their eyes, and really catches the light beautifully. It's a one wash over the lid and go shade, which I always reach for in a rush!

A great multi use product is Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #16 - I am loving this as a base for the product below, but this can be used in so many ways. You can actually mix this with a little primer or lotion to tap onto cheeks for a great glow, or pat a smidge on the bottom centre of the lips after applying lipstick and under gloss for an amazing lip plumping effect.


Of course, what would a post about rosegolds be with out the infamous Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I wont lie, it took me a while to warm up to this, initially not being bowled over by a few of the shades. After giving it a good chance, and pairing it with a great base (see above) and some good techniques (ie. shades like dust really benefiting from a tacky base like Too Faced Glitter Glue, or packing on a flat brush then spraying the brush with something like Urban Decay All Nighter Spray or MAC Fix+) I fell in love. Every time I wear this palette, a stranger tells me I have beautiful eyes thus making it worth every penny ;-) I wont bore you with swatched of this one, a quick google search will fulfill every need on that level!

What is your favourite rosegold product to wear? Have you tried any of the beauty bits in this post?