BARGAIN ALERT | MakeupGeek Eyeshadows


I realize I might be late to the game on this one, after hearing beauty gurus on YouTube from far and away rave about these shadows or eons. I finally caved and ordered myself a handful and lets just say, I can fully understand the hype now. I'm already filling up my shopping cart with more shades...





MakeupGeek eyeshadows are the brainchild of Marlena of the YouTube channel of the same name. As a former MAC employee she wanted to be able to provide high quality eyeshadows, available in pan form, at a much lower price. Who doesn't love that right? 
Now normally the minute I hear "lower price" I worry about the quality, but I have been thoroughly impressed with these shadows. The texture was smooth and not grainy like some lower priced shadows can be, the pigment was tops (not a dud in the five I purchased!) and there even is an exact MAC dupe in the lot. 
The best bit? They are $5.99 US each, compared to MAC shadows which are currently $12 for an eyeshadow in pan form. Though MAC has a much larger selection, I think Marlena has done a great job developing the start of a diverse line of shades from neutrals to bold and daring. 






The shades I purchased are:

[1] Cosmopolitan - DUPE ALERT! This is a dead on ringer for MAC's Expensive Pink, a golden peach rose gold duochrome.

[2] Peach Smoothie - a great creamy matte peach shade that will be a perfect transition shade.

[3] Wisteria - I actually purchased this one because it reminded me of a long ago limited edition MAC Lavendah. Its a matte mid tone orchid shade - perfectly on trend with Pantone's Radiant Orchid colour of the year.

[4] Moondust - I can't believe I almost didn't get this one! It is stunning! I'd compare it to an amped up version of MAC Patina, a sort of burnished golden pale bronze. I honestly can't do this shadow justice in words.

[5] Shimma Shimma - this one was compared on the MakeupGeek website as a dupe for MAC Shroom, but it is so, so much better than Shroom. Its a gorgeous pearly pale ivory gold, and is amazingly pigmented.


I am already stocking up my shopping cart with a few more shades that were out of stock when I placed my order! If you aren't into the pan eyeshadow, you can also purchase these in pots. I'm picking up another small Z Palette (also can be found on www.makeupgeek.com) in my next order to put these bad boys in.

Have you tried any MakeupGeek eyeshadows? Which ones are your favourites?