BATTING LASHES | My Go To Mascara


So, by now you know my all out love for mascara. Given my lashes are decently long (thought not like they used to be) it is probably one of my favourite features to play up. I want it all in a mascara - the length, the volume, the drama, the separation. I find myself a bit of a mascara floozy trying new ones constantly, but there is one that is a stand by tried and true favourite and it never lets me, or my lashes, down.





{Sans mascara - curled with my Shu Uemura Lash Curler}
{Two coats of Cover Girl Lash Blast WP from two different angles}


CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara in the good old orange tube just gets me, ya know? It gives me great separation, length and volume all in two coats. As you can see by the step by step above, my lashes are pretty invisible on their lonesome.

Now, I wish this gave a touch more volume, and the brush was easier to navigate into the inner and outer corners (if this came to a nice tapered tip it would be ah-mazing) but this mascara has just become the easy, always looks decent go-to for me. I have been loving others lately (see my post about Revlons Lash Potion and Essence I Heart Crazy Volume) but I will forever keep this to hand. Especially being in the biz I am sampling out new beauty bits and bobs all the time, it's just nice to know you always have a really good Plan B, when that new product you might be trying is an epic fail, am I right?

Do you have a mascara that you just always have around, regardless of what else you might be using at the moment?