FAVOURITES | March 2014 Best Of


You know I am gonna get all cliched on you right now and say I can't believe March is over, right? Right ok good. Now on to the best of beauty for March - I had some really great new discoveries this month, as well as a few old favourites pop back into rotation. It was a great month for trying new things, and I imagine several of my late month purchases will be April favourites. Here's what I've been loving...





[1] Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in #16 is one of the most pigmented cream shadows/bases I've ever used. It goes swimmingly with #5 and actually stays on until I choose to take it off.

[2] I've had MAC Coral Bliss Lipstick hanging round my handbag since last summer when I fell in love with it the first time. Turns out I love it as much as I did when I first bought it. It's a gorgeous creamy peach with a touch of pink.

[3] You may have read this post, and if so you know I fell in love with the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. The tightly tapered brush makes eyeliner flicks and wings a piece of cake and so easy to get symmetrical. It's boot black and lasts all day without any smudges from watery eyes. Win!

[4] I finally got my hands on some Batiste Dark and Deep Brown Dry Shampoo and now will never go back to the original white powdery stuff. Unfortunately they don't sell this in store anywhere near me, but Nail Polish Canada stocks it and their shipping was super speedy!

[5] Ah yes, at some point I knew this would come into rotation - Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette. The shades in this palette appeal to me hands down over the first two, which don't get much use in my collection. At first use I was less that impressed with this though, that is until I paired it with #1 as my base - whammy!

[6] Formula X for Sephora Nail Polish in Outrageous was featured in my Spring Nail Picks post and it has been on my nails pretty much all month. It's a gorgeous powdery purple without being a dull purple. I've worn it with fake tan, and as my regular pasty white self and it's looked amazing both ways.

[7] Real Techniques Buffing Brush is worth buying the entire kit it comes in just for the single brush. It is the best brush for liquid foundations by far. It's soft and dense, but not too dense (I find the Sigma Kabuki brushes too dense to actually buff the product in). 

[8] I've already raved about Illamasqua Tremble Blush in this post, so I wont bore you other than to say this blush has looked amazing with pretty much every look i've paired it with. Totally one you need in your collection, 'nuff said.