MASCARA MONDAY | L'Oreal Miss Manga Waterproof Mascara


It's been a while since I did a good old first impression Mascara Monday, quite frankly because I've been loving the L'Oreal Butterfly Mascara for months now. So when I stumbled upon a new offering from L'Oreal by fluke the other day, I figured it was about time to give it a go!







The new L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara is supposed to "Amplify and Maximize" lashes for "Oversized Volume" according to the marketing by the brand. I had heard some hype about this mascara, and the reviews seemed to be very 50/50 love/hate, which always makes me want to try something for myself!

My first thought was that the wand was VERY bendy. As you can see in the image below, the wand has what L'Oreal is calling their 360 Flexor Brush, which basically allows the wand to bend almost entirely back on itself with hardly any pressure. To be honest, I am not really sure why brands are doing this these days with mascaras, because in my opinion it makes it really hard to get product on my lashes! I find it so bouncy and bendy, that it ends up flicking specs of mascara everywhere, and I just can't get the resistance I need to really get in there and get the job done.


I did feel the results in the end were alright, though I struggled with definition because of the want, it did fan my lashes out, but was a bit more work than what I would like. The frustrating this about this is I feel it would be excellent if it didn't have the ridiculously bouncy wand - after first use I was already thinking of mascara hacks to stabilize the wand!

The formula is a thick drier texture, which would normally be great for volume, and it leaves the lashes feeling soft and flexible, which could be a possible flake disaster as it dries a bit more, but I'll have to weigh back in on that.

All in all, its not a bad mascara, but possibly better for those who have shorter thicker lashes and don't really need a stiff brush to push the product into the lashes like I do. Will I repurchase? Unless they change the wand to be stable (doubtful) then no. It wont be replacing my beloved Butterfly Mascara anytime soon!

Which mascara are you loving these days?