BIRTHDAY HAULIN' | Sephora VIB Rouge

Sephora VIB Rouge Status

On Tuesday the 10th of June it was my birthday, and naturally I wanted to treat myself to a few beauty related bits and bobs. You know, a birthday is a great time to justify things you might hum and haw about regularly. Or at least it is for me. I'll preface this post by stating that I was given some serious Sephora gift cards, along with some of these things were gifts, but what I did get was enough to push me over into Sephora's VIB Rouge status for the first time, and that's pretty swanky...







Laura Mercier Primer, nails inc, deborah lippmann, jack black

The first thing that caught my eye was the Nails In Special Effects Polish in Westbourne Gardens, from the Garden Party collection. Then, while I was on the nail polish train, I decided to go spendy on some Deborah Lippmann polishes in Break 4 Love and Across the Universe. Not gonna lie, these bad boys are totally worth the coin. 

I picked up another one of my all time favourite daytime lip balms by Jack Black in Mint and grabbed the Laura Mercier Protect Primer after getting a chance to try it already. I love the idea of being able to combine a primer formula I know I already love with an SPF30 sunscreen in one step!


marc jacobs, sephora lash stash, tarte, lancome, bare minerals, blinc, too faced,

You know I love the eye palettes by the brand, so after trying a sample recently I decided to splurge on the Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, as well as the Highliner Gel Eyeliner in Ro(Cocoa) - a super gorgeous coppery brown that glides on like nothing else!

While I was in the line up at Sephora, I saw they had a kit called the Lash Stash To Go - which has 5 of their best selling mascaras (I know I like the Tarte one, and really wanted to try a few others). The best part? You get a voucher inside for a free full size version of one of the 5 of your choice! Bargain!

bite beauty lipstick, estee lauder advanced night repair, thebalm blush

Oh, you thought I was done didn't you? Nope... still haulin'...
Knowing hope much I love the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask by how much it is featured here, it is a bit surprising I hadn't tried the lipsticks by the brand. Well, one swipe on the lips of the Luminous Creme Lipstick and I was sold! Talk about comforting pigmented moisture packed lip colour - I picked up the shades Fig and Rose. 

After getting a generous mini of the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair recently, I knew it was time to spurge and buy this. I've been recommended and raved to about this for years, and now I see why. It really does leave the skin feeling wonderful, and has helped with some pesky discolouration from hormonal breakouts on my chin.

And finally, I picked up one of theBalm Instain Blushes in Toile, which is a gorgeous bright pink based coral that gives the most amazing lit from within flush! I don't know why I put off buying one of these for so long, but was thrilled to snatch it up at 50% off!


Phew! That was alot... and by no means am I bragging but rather I am a little astonished with myself. Thank goodness for friends and family buying me gift cards! Sephora says of their VIB Rouge status "A special place for people with a serious beauty addiction" and that couldn't be more true. But hey, then I get to write/swatch/post about it all to you guys, amiright?

What have you splurged on recently? Do you own any of the things I've hauled?