THE LBL | Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper

The Little Black Liner, also known in my world as the LBL. Forget having that black dress you wear to funerals and dinner parties alike, every girl needs a great black eyeliner in her makeup wardrobe. Previously I had blogged about my favourite pencil version, found in the Urban Decay 24/7 formula in the shade Perversion, but I was really lacking an easy does it one swipe liquid liner for that coveted winged liner look. Until now anyways...



Now lets put it all out there - I've tried them all folks. I've tried offerings from the uber loved Stila (the felt tip was too flexible and therefor lacked control, not to mention it was a bit wet for me), Eyeko (smudged like a mofo), Lancome (stayed like a hot damn, but dried to a glossy finish and cost a small fortune) L'oreal and Maybelline (see Eyeko's comment) and so on.
Finally I stumbled across Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper. At first I thought it was too good to be true, it stayed smudge free all day, slicked on in one smooth swipe and is actually a fine brush tip, which gave that super precise flick. Turns out it also stays nice and black all day, doesn't crack and dries to a matte finish. It checks off all the must do's and comes in reasonable at $22 CAD! 



I can definitely say this is a great find and takes a lot of the work out of that effortless winged liner/60's flick look we all love without the faff of gel liner which makes it perfect to travel with as well. It's actually a very tightly packed brush tip, rather than a felt tip like many pen version liquid liners, which just seems to up the precision as well as keeping shape.
It's quickly become a staple in my makeup collection - a LBL {Little Black Liner} that every girl needs!

Kat Von D can be purchased at Sephora

What is your favourite black eyeliner? Do you prefer pencil, gel or liquid formulas?