BARGAIN BUY | Maybelline Color Tattoos

Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked in Pink Bad to the Bronze on GirlLovesGloss.com

We all love a good bargain, right? Sure luxury cosmetics pack a punch with their pretty packaging, and more often than not I am impressed quality wise more with higher end purchases. Perhaps its mental; I expect higher quality from a higher price tag (and so a girl should!) Quite often drugstore purchases just let me down (minus the mascara selection, I'll always love the drugstore for mascara!). Pigmentation and staying power are usually at the top of the list for things that let me down, which brings me to a bargain buy that packs a powerful punch in both areas, and still manages to come in under a tenner. Believe it.




Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked in Pink Bad to the Bronze on GirlLovesGloss.com

Enter Maybelline Color Tattoos into the mix. They aren't new to the drugstore by any means, but the other day when I was reaching into my drawer that houses all my cream shadows and bases (yep, there is a drawer devoted to them!) I realized that I reach for my Maybelline cream shadows just as much as my beloved Benefit Creaseless Creams and MAC Paint Pots, and they are less than half the price!

Maybelline Color Tattoo Inked in Pink Bad to the Bronze on GirlLovesGloss.com

Not only do these cream shadows perform exactly the way the promise, budge proof once they've set until you take them off, they pack a true to pot colour range and there are even a few matte shades in there. A straight up rarity in the cream shadow world. They perform equally well as a base or on their own, which makes them perfect to take travelling for an easy one swipe of the finger+mascara and go look.
Two of my favourites pictured are Inked in Pink, a pearly rose shade that works so well with on trend rose golds and Bad to the Bronze, a true bronze hue that leaves the brassiness many bronze products pack at the door. Both of these shades are part of the permanent range and there are the occasional limited edition shades that come out (keep an eye open if they ever release Rich Mahogany again, its a great MAC Eclair/Constructivist hybrid dupe).

What was the last great bargain you found at the drugstore?