Dark Circles Beware: Kat Von D's Lock It Concealer Creme

Kat Von D Concealer Creme Review and Swatches


Le't make this clear right from the get-go - I look half asleep  (*cough* dead) without undereye concealer. I also find it one of the toughest products to shop for because everything is either too dry, too creasy, doesn't come in the right shade for me or doesn't last worth a damn. The struggle is real, folks. 
When I heard about the newly launched Kat Von D Concealer Creme, and that it was a completely new formula, I just had a good feeling. Turns out, I should always listen to my gut, because this stuff kicks ass




Kat Von D Concealer Creme Review and Swatches

Kat Von D Concealer Creme Review and Swatches

Right out of the gate the Kat Von D Concealer Creme gets good marks due to its impressive 21 shade range. There is everything from a stark white onwards in varying undertones- thank you, Kat, for knowing that 6-8 shades just isn't enough! A huge struggle of mine is shade matching; For most brands, I fall in between two shades and the undertones aren't yellow enough (sadly, the much loved Urban Decay Naked Weightless is this for me!). With Concealer Creme, there are actually 2 shades that work really well - L7 for when I have no self-tanner on, and M17 when I have a bit of warmth added.

The texture is unlike Kat's original Lock It Concealer that comes in the squeeze tube; Concealer Creme is really thick and rich feeling and really doesn't need any building up. A few dots on my dark circles, or a swipe if things are looking particularly sickly (the angled doe foot applicator applies the perfect amount) , and I've got full coverage! Unlike some thinner consistency concealers (Make Up For Ever, MAC Pro Longwear, Urban Decay) I don't need to build this up to my desired level of coverage, which eliminates cakey under eyes. I had worried that because of the thick formula this would crease horribly, but I am so thrilled with how well it lasts all day long!
*A top tip for getting the most out of a richer consistency concealer is to press it into the skin with a dense/kubuki style brush, and then dust ever so lightly with a setting powder (like my fave Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Undereye Powder).

So I know what you're all thinking: But can I use it on blemishes/my face as well? ( cause we all want something that does everything, right??) and the answer is: Yes! My chin was practically erupting the week this arrived and thanks to the super creamy feel and high pigmentation it covered everything flawlessly! I do find it kind of sets itself, but I always pat a bit of powder on concealed blemishes because the thought of touching up through the day makes me itchy (ain't nobody got time for that!)


Kat Von D Concealer Creme Review and Swatches

So could it be that I might have found my new favourite concealer? Crikey I think I have! This is a big deal for me, I've been using MAC ProLongwear for years, but haven't actually touched the stuff since the Kat Von D Concealer Creme landed on my desk a couple weeks back. It's love people, well rested and bright undereye'd love. 



Shop the Post