The Colour Edit : My Favourite Orange Makeup

Orange Makeup : Becca Luminous Blush, Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter, Smashbox, Stila, Clinique, Kat Von D Rust Quad

I've always been a coral lover, in fact if you see a coral hued lipgloss or blush anywhere chances are I own it or have it on my wishlist. I'm a girl who knows what she likes! Lately though I've been experimenting with corals bolder sister: orange. Now I know it seems like a hard colour for most to pull off, but the right oranges can look amazing on all skin tones. Here's a handful of favourites that learn towards orange that I am loving for Spring and Summer!


Orange Makeup : Becca Luminous Blush, Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter, Smashbox, Stila, Clinique, Kat Von D Rust Quad

If you've never tried the formula of the Convertible Colors then put it on your list - they leave a gorgeous sheen to the skin with a buildable pigment that can be worn on cheeks or lips. Unlike some cream blushes, these don't dry down to a powder making them a dream for dry skinned girls like myself, or those who want to amp up the dewy factor.

This is such a unique highlighter that really stands out in a sea of shimmery products as far as I'm concerned. It's a gorgeous duochrome orange pink that shifts in the light and layers on top of blush beautifully. Don't be afraid that it isn't your typical champagne or icy pink highlight - this is stunning!

Besides having the longest name of life for a lip product, this gives lips that lush "I just ate a popsicle" tint. True to the name, it wears as a glaze that has a hydrating balm like feel, but with a pop of colour that is super forgiving and easy to work with. 

Another dual use product here that can be sported on lips and cheeks! While the name suggests coral, it's brighter than your typical pink coral and would be a great intro into more orange tones for someone who's weary of the shade. 

I've already raved about these blushes for their radiant formula sans glitter, and Tigerlily really gives that orange pop to the cheeks that instantly makes me look like I have a subtle tan. It might seem scary in the pan, but it is so beautiful on the skin and if you're worried about it being too bold, blend it on top of a pink blush you already own to give it a warmer finish!

Everything else I've chosen has a dewy or glowy finish to it, because I think for complexion it's what works best for a bold colour like orange. On the eyes however I love a warm right burnt orange, like the standout shade in the Rust quad. I sweep it through the crease, then deepen with the chocolate brown to give it depth. The key to wearing a colour like orange on the eyes? You can't skip liner! Make sure to add definition at the lashes so that you don't accidentally venture into 'sickly' territory. 


Orange Makeup : Becca Luminous Blush, Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter, Smashbox, Stila, Clinique, Kat Von D Rust Quad

What are you favourite ways to wear orange based makeup? What is your favourite colour to wear right now?